Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Domain Change!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 big C.O.Z

big C.O.Z

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

Hey all, I need to pick your brains regarding website transfers, what i need to know is, i have a website using a domain for example ( www.the-big-bear.com ) and ive now got a new domain which is for example ( www.big-bear.com ) because the domain has changed slightly, would i need to do any alterations to any of the files before uploading via FTP to a new host who has the new domain? or can i just upload to new host and domain without any trouble, its a PHP-NUKE site, thanks if anyone can shed some info on this matter :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Hey big C.O.Z!

You should be able to just upload your site like you did before with our other domain. The only thing I'd check is if you used the old domain in any URLs or any code in your pages. Otherwise, it should be good to go! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 pislkie

pislkie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:49 AM

The bigest problem is going to be that you will loose your Search Engine Rankings for an indeterminate period.
>>>piskie<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users