Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player 10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 usb_dude

usb_dude

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:54 AM

Hi

I am having problems ripping from CDs to MP3s using Windows Media Player. When I try to, I get this message:
Posted Image
Any ideas?
Thanks
Joe

Edited by usb_dude, 24 March 2005 - 09:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:29 AM

See if this helps:

C00D0FAA: Cannot rip the track
Windows Media Player cannot rip (copy) the track from the CD because a problem occurred while encoding (converting) the file into MP3 format.

You might encounter this error message if an MP3 encoder is installed on your computer, but the corresponding key in the Windows registry is not set correctly.

In certain circumstances, the registry key value might not be valid if you used Windows Media Player 9 Series to rip CD tracks into MP3 format, and then you upgraded to Windows Media Player 10 later. To resolve the problem, do one of the following:

* Change the audio quality setting for ripping CDs. This option is the easiest to perform. However, it will not enable you to rip CD tracks into MP3 files that have an audio quality setting of 128 kilobits per second (Kbps).
    * Delete the value of the LowRateSample registry key. This option is more complex to perform. However, it will enable you to rip tracks into 128-Kbps MP3 files.

To change the audio quality setting for ripping CDs

1. In Windows Media Player 10, right-click the title bar, point to Tools, and then click Options.
  2. Click the Rip Music tab, and then move the Audio quality slider to any setting other than 128 Kbps.

To delete the value of the LowRateSample registry key
Warning:  Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. At the very least, you should back up any valued data on the computer before making changes to the registry. For information about backing up and restoring the registry, see Windows Help.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. In the Open text box, type regedit, and then click OK.
  3. In Registry Editor, find the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Settings\Mp3Encoding\LowRateSample
  4. Double-click the key, and then, in Value data, delete the value that is displayed.
  5. Click OK, and then close Registry Editor.

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:58 AM

Or you could install a third party encoder

#4 usb_dude

usb_dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for your help, because this problem is on my friends computer I won't be able to fix it for a while, but I will do soon.

Thanks
Joe :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users