Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new problem getting rid of media acck loader x module

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 panaceabeachbum2

panaceabeachbum2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:21 AM

running winxp pro. Picked up a bug of some sort from wind updates, 2 files one labled mediaaccess.exe the other named mediaacck.exe. Spy subtract nor lavasoft adaware seem to be able to get rid of it. All attempts to access control panel, start menu and most everything else are blocked. Rollback feature is also disabled. All icons from task bar are gone as are all text programs, word,notepad, wordpad etc. Cant delete any of the files, or related folders. Disabled all in startup menu, seems to reapear every 30 seconds reboot or not. Have to shut machine off by holding down power button, no other methods seem to work. On my main machine I tryed to remove via add remove programs and machine will no boot. Just keeps running the first boot screen showing system info then shuts down and trys again, whole process takes about 10 seconds start to finish and will just cycle indefinitly. This machine is still up and running just cant seem to get rid of it, and now know that removing via remove program utility will cause a problem. Please give advice if possible on how to remedy. Main machine has aprox 20gigs of cad drawings I cant afford to loose. Anyone have a physical adress for the folks at wind updates??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:07 PM

Read the pinned post in the HijackThis forum, here
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.

Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a couple of days to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 panaceabeachbum2

panaceabeachbum2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:58 PM

Thank you i will go thru the motions listed in the link you sent and then post my hjt log for the one machine thats still up and running. Any thoughts on how i might get the other machine up and running also, died after using uninstall utility and now wont boot.

#4 panaceabeachbum2

panaceabeachbum2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:01 AM

I would like to run the various ad aware and anti virus programs but I am still unable to get the infected computer to boot. Just displays the initial startup screen , goes thru the memory test and then shuts down again. Repeats this cycle every ten seconds or so , never starts. Set cd as boot device in bios and inserted windows disk. Message appears and says non system disk. The other machines on the network that are also infected both refuse to recognize either of my windows install disk. Just not sure what to do.Maybe will put hard drive in another machine to salvage cad files but how can I go about repairing machine for future use? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users