Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Manage Add Ons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Luigey

Luigey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

Operating System: WinXP sp2 Completely up to date with Windows XP updates.
Within the IE7 "Manage Add-Ons" choices there is a selection entitled: " add ons that HAVE been used by Internet Explorer". Some are Enabled and some are Disabled. I do not understand what is meant by add ons that HAVE been used if some are Enabled and some are DISabled. To me, "HAVE" is the past tense which would mean that NONE of them would currently be enabled. It seems very confusing. Also, since I have many add-ons in the "HAVE been used" category that are ENABLED is there anywhere on the internet that one can find what these add-ons are and what they do??? I would greatly appreciate an explanation and thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Maybe it was used before you disabled it. i use yahoo answers for these questions, sometimes. I use IE8 beta. Have been used. Like it was used now or before. Don't be confused. It's not that important just enable and disable the right add-ons.

#3 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:35 AM

An explanation of the add-on viewing options can be found here >>> Master IE7 Add-Ons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users