Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Sometimes Displays Server Errors?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Booman

Booman

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:27 AM

I use firefox as my main browser...but when i type in a website as an example.. bleepingcomputer.com it says Unable To connect... The server was rest...then i refresh the page and it works....why does it do that? its really really annoying...every 5 mins it does it

Using windows xp home edition/sp2

Edited by Booman, 15 April 2008 - 09:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

The first thing that comes to mind with me is a weak internet signal. Are you on wireless with weak signal range, or if you are wired in make sure your cables are tightly secured.

Let me know.

#3 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

no...lan....100 mps....roadrunner..i have wireless...an lan...it might be using the wireless though

#4 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:47 AM

I would plug in directly to the modem or router that you are using and see if it continues. This will help us determine if its a problem on the computer, or your internet signal.

Let me know,
Sam

#5 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:53 AM

i been plugged in through the modem....sorry if i seem rude...im a very skilled computer repairman...and this is just bugging me that i cant fix it

Edited by Booman, 15 April 2008 - 09:57 AM.

#6 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

I know that some people here are very skilled. I have been working desktop support and theres been plenty of times where I hit my foot on a cable and wonder why somethings not working. I just have to ask as a skilled repairman I am sure you understand.

I have a feeling your going to get mad at me about this but, have you reinstalled firefox.

Can you give me some idea of the troubleshooting you have done.

#7 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website is a list of possible fixes. Also did you recently remove any spyware or viruses. You may have damaged the Winsock LSP chain

Let me know.

#8 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

i had several spyware/viruses....that might have something to do with it...maybe im infected? i mean my scans a clean and so is HJT

#9 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

Can you download http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/spyware/lspfix.zip and run it. Let me know what shows up, but do not do anything but tell me what is listed.

#10 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

here u go

Posted Image

#11 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

Looks good, I like your skin also!

Have you tried any of the suggested firefox fixes from the link I sent you earlier.

Or you could try http://winsockfix.en.softonic.com/, but I would really recommend trying some of the fixes in there knowledge base.

#12 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:46 AM

the skin if from tuneup utilities 2008..wait a minute...i tweaked the internet connection with that...could that be the issue?

i did the winsockfix

Edited by Booman, 15 April 2008 - 10:52 AM.

#13 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

the skin if from tuneup utilities 2008..wait a minute...i tweaked the internet connection with that...could that be the issue?

i did the winsockfix

You tweaked the internet connection with what? If you are referring the Firefox knowledge base link I sent you could you tell me exactly what part?

#14 Booman

Booman
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 525 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

idk....internet used to be slow...now its fast...all i hit was the repair button...

these pictures are in order

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

idk....internet used to be slow...now its fast...all i hit was the repair button...

these pictures are in order

Pics Removed

I am a little confused, did PC tune up fix your issue or does the problem still exist?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users