Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New To Firefox Browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dizzydee

dizzydee

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

HI, ive just started using firefox and love it so far.

The trouble i have is java, ive already got it for Ie7, but not in firefox, it says something about a plugin but im not sure what im meant to down load, i have siteadvisor, noscripts, and adblock, but am struggeling with this java, please can someone point me in the right direction, sorry im thick, buts theres so much to take in, many thanks in advance, Dee.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

Try http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp and let me know if you still have problems.

Edit:
Just download and install it like any other application it should automatically integrate into Firefox.

Edited by Samsbc12, 15 April 2008 - 08:51 AM.

#3 dizzydee

dizzydee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Hi Samsbc12, and thanks for the reply,

I have checked on the java site, while using FF, and it says i have java installed, i think somehow, my comodo firewall is blocking it, ive looked but dont know how to allow it, any help or suggestions, much appreciated, many thanks in advance, Dee

#4 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

Look in about:plugins and make sure the Java plugin is there. If not, you might have to uninstall and try again.

This page may help.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users