Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound From Speakers But Not From Headphone. Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 azure_fantist

azure_fantist

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:14 AM

Hi, am currently using toshiba satellite m200 laptop model; windows vista.
There is this problem which i have first encountered where as i am playing a video file or mp3 file, sound do comes out from the laptop speakers but as soon as i jack in headphone, there is not a single sound to be heard from it. Instead the sound is still playing through the laptop speakers.

can anyone help me to guide this through. Help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

Hello,

Are you saying that there is sound coming from the speakers even when the headphones are plugged in? If this is the case, the headphone jack is most likely malfunctioning. Are there any obstructions in the socket?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 azure_fantist

azure_fantist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

hi there, what you have say is right. I do not know if it is malfunctioning or not and there is nothing obstructing the jack slot... And when i check out the sounds/volume section in windows media, i only see speakers icon and not headphone...

#4 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

Did this happen before? And are you sure it's plugged in the right hole?
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#5 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

Try this:

1. Go to Control Panel >> Sounds and Audio Devices

2. Click the Audio Tab

3. Change the Default Sound Playback device (the top one) to your headphones, by choosing them from the drop down list.

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

~Pat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users