Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secure Web Host

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:29 AM

I am going to be hosting my own website as soon as I can get a domain name picked out and purchased. I have the box setup to run the site, but I want it to be secure. I am running an apache server with nod32 business version 3 something, is that enough?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:08 AM

With what little information you have given about your setup, no.

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

Well, it's not really set up now. What information do you need to know? Please excuse my ignorance as this is my first attempt at hosting any web site. I have been reading online guides about how to get it running and as of now I installed phpdev and nod32 on the computer I want to host the pages on. The only kind of files I need to host are html, php, and css. Thanks for taking a look.

#4 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

Well, it's not really set up now. What information do you need to know? Please excuse my ignorance as this is my first attempt at hosting any web site. I have been reading online guides about how to get it running and as of now I installed phpdev and nod32 on the computer I want to host the pages on. The only kind of files I need to host are html, php, and css. Thanks for taking a look.

Have you thought about purchasing web hosting. It may not be a bad Idea, you do not have to foot the electricity bill, you don't have to worry about temperature control. It can be cheaper depending on what you are hosting. You probably have better uptime, data center connection, and they handle the security for you.

I have been doing freelance web design for years and have hosted with many companies. I even offer my own hosting, so if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

#5 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

thank you, I hadn't really thought about it because I thought it was expensive. I will check it out and message you.

#6 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

thank you, I hadn't really thought about it because I thought it was expensive. I will check it out and message you.

Just let me know what you are trying to accomplish I can recommend a few host. In the past web hosting used to be expensive, but its come down in price now, primarily because computers and storage has come down in price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users