Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Starts When The Browser Opens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:00 AM

Hi,

When I open the browser I also get Media Player to open instantly.What do I have to correct to stop it from running?Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

Hi yethPC.
Which browser and media player version are you using?
The last version of WMP player I used was 9. Under tools>options>player tab, there were automatic update and auto internet connection settings. Should be something similar in newer versions. If they are enabled, disable them within the player and see if it stops opening on it's own. Might want to look at the media library tab as well for update settings. Long shot but worth a look.

Edited by HitSquad, 15 April 2008 - 07:04 AM.

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:42 AM

Im using the same version as well.Thank you for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users