Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dying Cpu Fan?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

My PC is makign a grinding type noise as of now. Its shutdown for now till I find out whats wrong. My suspicion is the CPU fan since its running on 3.5 or so years now. Should I replace it immediately or could it be the GPU fan instead?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:22 AM

Try opening the case and locate where the noise is coming from. You can take long handled wooden or plastic kitchen spoon and place the spoon end against your ear and the other end on the case of the fans and you will know for sure which one is making the noise.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

I can pretty much tell its coming from the middle of the case already =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users