Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Charging A Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tincookie

tincookie

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

when I plug my laptop in the battery is charging, the system is still safe to use even though it is charging? When my battery is getting low is it ok to plug it in to the outlet to use, while it is still on or do I have to turn it off first? Also do I have to turn my laptop off before disconnecting it from the adapter to use it as a laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

:thumbsup: To BC
Question 1. Yes the battery will charge while you use the laptop. 2. When the battery gets low you can plug it in at anytime and it will switch to outlet power and start charging the battery. 3. No you don't need to turn off the laptop to unplug it, it will automatically switch to battery power when the cord is unplugged.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 14 April 2008 - 04:23 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:29 PM

these tips apply to almost all rechargable batteries

if stored for any length of time it's best to do so with a full charge

it's better from time to time to run the battery low and then let it have a full charge

high heat or extreme cold is bad for them

Edited by DaChew, 14 April 2008 - 04:30 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users