Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videocard Has No Fan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NanZee

NanZee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

I recently decided upon an HD1650 video card from Dell. Kind of fell across a good deal on their site. It showed a card and there was a fan mounted upon it in the picture on their site. When the card came, in a plain box, it had no fan. I suspect that I am having program crashes running a game due to overheating. Is there a fan I can get and mount on this card? Would you suggest a model and source? Thank you. Nan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

All i can find searching HD1650 is a hairdryers :S could cause an overheating problem.............

Anyways...have you spoke to Dell to ask if it should have been shipped with a mounted fan?
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

I could rig something up. Can you give a link to the video card?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:33 PM

recently decided upon an HD1650 video card from Dell. Kind of fell across a good deal on their site. It showed a card and there was a fan mounted upon it in the picture on their site. When the card came, in a plain box, it had no fan. I suspect that I am having program crashes running a game due to overheating. Is there a fan I can get and mount on this card? Would you suggest a model and source? Thank you. Nan

HD1650...don't believe there's such a card. Do you mean ATi X1650 or an ATi HD3650? There's plenty of aftermarket coolers for both cards I imagine, and there not that hard to install.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

I was able to find a reference to a VC ATI MSI HD1650-T2D256E/D2, PCI16x, but nothing in English.

Over heating is one possibility, and so is an inadequate PSU if this card is power hungry. Try downloading Everest Home Edition and see what the temperatures are.

Edited by dc3, 14 April 2008 - 09:57 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:06 PM

I hate to ask an obvious question, but does it have a heatsink? Is the heatsink mounted or just kinda stuck on there?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users