Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think My Computer Is Going To Crash Need Advice

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 futons1

futons1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

I going to give as little imformation as possi8ble because these are error codes from the windows application log and the windows system log. It stsrted 6-7 months agp, I having winxpsp2 and I stsrted having trouble with the internet, both my yahoo and internet explore had toruble surfing the web, you could see the data on the bottom of the web browser and see it load or not load all the way, pictures didin't show and in the end my desk top get coorrupted and everything froze. I had it reinstalled and I noticed it was happening again. I never looked into the window loggs until a couple of months ago.I notice in the application loggs that things werew hanging and I was gettin warnings or lots of errors. Things are haging like this (faulting application explorer.exe, faulting module, hanging application ybrowser,exe, hanging application Iexplorer.exe and a number of software items like virus scans,were hanging. Iwas haveing more trouble on the web and one it took along time to connect to the home page and under system there were all kinds of tcpi errors and server erros likethe ip lease for the network card has been denied, the server could not bind to the transport device, tcp/ip reached security limits. I made them as brief as possible, plus the help center was freezing and hanging and when I try to open mu computer this erro comes up alot windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. I try to open it again and it's fine. At first when I had the internet problem a month ago where it froze I installed IE7 and that lsted for about three weeks and now I'm here. I have taleked to Yahoo support and they think it's my internet card or network card. They also said try foxfire so that I'm not connected to IE7 whick the Yahoo browser is? I need to try somethin and I've used the sfc and ran a scan, I went to pc pitstop and they said my computer was one of the fastest, I've checked my inernet speed, and it's ok. Where do I start? I don't like all the connection errors because I feel one dayI will not be able to log on and the application errors I just don't know. Any input would be a great, I'm Out of work Ill and have been for over a year, I'm on the computer eight to ten hours a day, I'll be lost if I lost it. I want to have a guess haow to get the computer repaired if it comes to that and there are so amny things going on. Dell is not under any warrentee for this. SORRY FOR THE LONG LIST. POST IF YOU CAN HELP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

Open a run prompt and enter this command:
chkdsk c: /r /f /x
You will be asked to check on reboot. Select yes, by entering y.

See what you get upon reboot.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

Tried the disk check and if it's the same as the ones you perform using the computer tools the disks are good and that may be why it didn't surprise me . I've done that before, but it might have been different because of the letters after the check so i was hopeful of something. THANKS ANYWAY ANY ADVICE IS BETTER THAN NO ADVICE. I keepgetting close to the hanging apps, but zi have nothing for the internet errors and problems, haven't downloaded foxfire yet. Not sure if there will be any difference.

#4 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hello again, futons1.
The command line switches (The letters) tell chkdsk to do a deeper look into the health of the disk.

Please go to http://billy-oneal.com/fileUpload and send me the most recent 3 or 4 files in the following folder:

C:\Windows\Minidumps

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#5 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

I looked all over in windows folders, but I can't find those mini dump files, I went up to google and understand what they are, and Iread several articles on them. They say they are in the C/windows minidump files so they are not a folder? If so they say almost everything but where to find them. I learned they are for communication so I would assume that they can come out with no big deal because they are not a file. Post when you see this and I will look some more. Thanks for all your help, hope it helps before I crash. I hasn't gotten worse today which is good.

Edited by futons1, 14 April 2008 - 07:48 PM.

#6 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Hello again, futons1.

No problem.... if there is no C:\Windows\Minidump directory then you have no dumps :thumbsup:

Alright.... now I'd like to take a look at the System event log.

Please follow the following instructions:

Go to start -> Run... and enter the following:
compmgmt.msc
Press enter.

Expand the Event Viewer node in the tree on the left.
Right click the System log and select "Save log as...."
Save it to your desktop.
Close/Exit Computer Management.

Go to http://billy-oneal.com/fileUpload
By file, browse to the file you exported to your desktop.
For username, enter yours (futons1)

Press the upload button.

The site will appear unresponsive while the file is uploaded to my (well... actually dreamhost's) server. Please be patient, especially if you have a slow connection.

Good luck,
Billy3
Posted Image

#7 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

billy that's where I look for the errors because system support help , errors doesn't work it locks up, anyway if you want to see errors i can send you the aplication part of the event viewer, it might help, anyway someone said to download foxfire that this maybe a IE7 problem, i had a huge problem a month agao and upgraded from IE5.5 to IE7 because of the same problem so unless you think there is something to that having a problem with two versions of internet explorer? I don't know maybe. I'm nervous adding things now unless I have to because of all the errors. I was thinking about it yesterday and will it prove a point? I don't know , anyway you might want to check out the application log.

#8 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Sorry about the delay... I was actually responding to this as you sent :thumbsup:

The error seems to be a program called "SUPER Ad Blocker", as shown in the "System" log:

The SABProcEnum service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

The entire log is just a ton of those.

Alright.... can you send me the application log?

Billy3
Posted Image

#9 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

Billy alot of these erros ahve been fixed, you will see that it's only the errors that are still going on that are the problem for instance( The SABProcEnum service failed) history fix it,the registry not logging off, fixed, superspyware driver errors fixed, Antispyware warnings, fixed. This is the main problems, The error messages concerning the internet, THE ERROR ON THE IP ADDRESS LEASE the network address has been denied BY THE dhcpn SERVER, happens every day atleast once or twice, PROBLEM, THE SERVER COULD NOT BIND TO THE TRANSPORT\device\netbt\tcpip, PROBLEM hasn't happend alot AND THE TCP/IP REACHED A SECURITY LIMITS, PROBLEM. Also the hanging applications Ybrowser and Iexplorer, and faulting explorer. I have taken care of the regisrtry not logging off, the antispyware warnings, CONCENTRATE ON THE LAST THREEOR FOUR DAYS AND WHAT IS GOING ON EVERY DAY OR TWO. I know it's a mess but look how the amount of different errors are down to three.

#10 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

TCP/IP REACHED A SECURITY LIMITS

This is caused by Malware, or P2P filesharing software.

I am really starting to think that this is a malware related issue. Though I honestly do not know.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Billy3
Posted Image

#11 futons1

futons1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

I've noticed on thing sunday that I again noticed today. Software is running slower than it normally does. I ran a spyware program on Sunday and I saw it then and I just ran a reg cure program and it's easy to see, I just don't know why. As far as viruses, spyware, or malware I can say 100% that i don't have it. I was infected and hijacked two months ago and I'm crazy about not having anything. Plus i was just scanned by a software company for anything, Clean,Pcpitstop, clean, internet speed tests fast or normal. I DON'T GET IT. HUH!@!!!

#12 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

This is really starting to look like a malware issue. If I were you, I'd watch here to see if anyone else has any ideas. If you get nothing useful after a day or two, I'd post in the Am I Infected, What do I do? forum. Dedicated malware personnel can help you there.

Good luck,
Billy3
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users