Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Error Message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jwroth57

jwroth57

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

I am getting a system error message stating I have been infected by a trojan and to download an antimalware application to clean my system. Clicking ok directs me to download from site 89.149.227.195. I have not done this and when I googled that number your forum came up. Suggestions? I am running Windows XP professional. Thanks

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 April 2008 - 03:01 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:38 PM

these are rogue spyware infections and the only trojan is the one that the guys wanting to sell you something, have put on your computer

this is cyber terrorism and of all places I see it coming out of canada and germany

http://www.castlecops.com/p1055227-iedefender.html

There is also

files-secure.com 89.149.227.195

:thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :huh: :huh:
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

after searching on that infection I think it would be best to run this scanner/fix first
  • Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and save it to a convenient location.
  • Double click on mbam-setup.exe to install it.
  • Before clicking the Finish button, make sure that these 2 boxes are checked (ticked):
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will now check for updates. If your firewall prompts, please allow it. If you can't update it, select the Update tab. Under Update Mirror, select one of the websites and click on Check for Updates.
  • Select the Scanner tab. Click on Perform full scan, then click on Scan.
  • Leave the default options as it is and click on Start Scan.
  • When done, you will be prompted. Click OK, then click on Show Results.
  • Checked (ticked) all items and click on Remove Selected.
  • After it has removed the items, Notepad will open. Please post this log in your next reply. You can also find the log in the Logs tab. The bottom most log is the latest.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users