Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gimp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nya

Nya

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:13 PM

I'm not sure this is the place to do this, but here goes.

I was trying to instal gimp onto my computer. Installation seemed to go fine, and it brought up the welcome screen fine, also. However, it got to the point where it was looking for fonts before it could open the program, and it died on me. I tried it several times, same problem.

Ok, I think, let's try again from scratch. So I delete all the files and try downloading it again. Like before, there didn't seem to be anything wrong with the installation, but now it won't even bring up the welcome screen before it says there was an error and it needs to close.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nya

Nya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:23 PM

And because I am horribly inarticulate, this is what I mean:

I get to here:
Posted Image

And then it stops for a while; and this happens:
Posted Image

Every time.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

A couple of questions:

What operating system are you using?
How much RAM do you have?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users