Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro X64

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nvrsummer2

nvrsummer2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

I tried to install WindowsXP Pro 64 bit on my system. I slipstreamed the SATA driver required for it to see my drive. However, after installation, when the computer comes back up from its reboot, I get a BSOD then reboots again.
I get a 'STOP: 0x0000007b or something like that. So that usually points to drivers right? I know the disk is good because I have XP Home installed on the same drive on a different partition.
Let me give you some hardware info: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2GB Kingston Pc3200 RAM, WD 2500 SATAII drive, on an ASROCK DUAL-SATAII mobo. My video card is an EVGA 8600GT PCI-e.
What drivers do I need for the install? Chipset drivers? I downloaded the ULI1695 drivers but when I try to add them to my Nlite install, the program doesn't see it.
How about my video card? I cant add them to the disc either. But wouldn't Windows have a generic 64 bit driver just to get it up and running so that I could add the driver from EVGA?
Im just at the point where ive gone through 5-6 cd's trying to add different combos of drivers.

Any other ideas of what I should do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

Take a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890463

As for the question re SATA drivers...http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=939Dual-SATA2&s= , it's spelled out as the SATA driver for XP installs.

Much better support than I find at the Asus website, among others.

If you still have problems installing to a SATA drive, I see that you have 2 PATA/IDE connections, which can be used to test/troubleshoot.

Louis

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

I had issues (in the past) with trying to slipstream too much with nLite. What have you slipstreamed into the disk so far? Have you ensured that each of the drivers that you slipstreamed are the 64 bit version? If you've slipstreamed a 32 bit driver in by mistake, this may account for the error messages.

I'd try just slipstreaming the 64 bit SATA driver into the 64 bit XP disk and see what you can do from there. Windows should be able to boot after that, and you can install/disable devices from within Windows.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users