Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Type Info Into A Pdf!?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 biggin587

biggin587

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

Hello. I am trying to apply for a job and the application is a PDF but not one of those kind that you can fill out and then print which I thought was kinda dumb but oh well. Anyway what I want to do instead of printing this 30 page application out and handwriting it all out, I was wondering if there was a way to edit the PDF file something free would be nice as always :D I want to be able to just type in on the lines that are on the PDF. Thanks for any help!!

-Biggin587

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

I haven't tried it but hope this will do the job for you:
http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/

From the link:

Pdftk allows you to manipulate PDF easily and freely. It does not require Acrobat, and it runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Solaris.
Pdftk is free software (GPL).

Its features include:
  • Fill PDF Forms with FDF Data and/or Flatten Forms

Edited by Juha, 14 April 2008 - 11:06 AM.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Hi biggin587.

the application is a PDF but not one of those kind that you can fill out and then print which I thought was kinda dumb but oh well.

Not trying to be negative but there is a possibilty that particular form may be protected from any alterations\additions. I do it all the time with Adobe PDF docs at work. Guess you'll find out if that is the case though. :thumbsup:
Good luck with the job app.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users