Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regional Mess -- Language

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 american.swan

american.swan

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

I am stuck in South Korea for the time being and though I would love to reinstall this XP machine with Ubuntu, for now I am stuck with XP.

As such, I have a bamboo tablet. Great fun.

Issue:: I would love for the bamboo settings to be in English. Tech support claims I just have to change the regional settings in XP and it will automatically detect the settings upon reinstall and it will be in English. SO far, I am not getting this to work. Doesn't help that I can't read the menus. I know Computers pretty well, but with this KOREAN XP I have to guess what button to press.

Could someone create a "tips and tricks" post dealing with this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

The following is a quote from Microsoft.

Changing the Regional and Language Options
You can use the Regional and Language Options tool in Control Panel to customize the way Windows handles dates, times, currency values, and numbers.

To open the Regional and Language Options tool:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Regional and Language Options.
3. To change one or more of the individual settings, click Customize.

NOTE: The location selection that you make includes default display options for the way dates, times, and numbers are displayed.

Hope this helps.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 american.swan

american.swan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:00 AM

Bad to worst. Again reading Korean XP menus are not easy for me. I just fumble around. Anyways, I believe I changed the settings correctly, I can't be sure and rebooted.

Now the bamboo driver is all in asci text and no longer even in Korean. I try downloading the new RC driver or current driver from bamboo's website and both download completely. I click on the files and it says, now in English rather than Korean, "file header errors OR disk errors."

How can downloading a file off the in a matter of days become unreadable? I downloaded the exact same file last week. That file also claimed to have header errors.

What's up? My situation went from annoying to scary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users