Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow Slow Slow, Malware?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 KKRoadie

KKRoadie

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

A few days ago my wife's PC (Dell Dimension 8300, Windows XP, serv pk 2) froze up. After scanning the drives, scanning with AVG 7.5, trying safemode, etc. I had the same problem over and over. I have ran Kaparsky Online scanner (it found nothing bad) and Deckerd's System Scanner (logs attached).

I ordered her a new PC but I need to keep this one running for about 10 days until the new one gets here (then there's that whole moving stuff over to look forward to (woo hoo)

Can someone look at my logs and verify that I am "clean" and the problem is not an infection?

Thanks!

KK the Roadie

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hello KKRoadie. :thumbsup: again to BleepingComputer.com

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:
  • In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
  • Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :blink:
  • If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
  • Finally, please reply using the Posted Image button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
See you soon,
Billy3

Edited by Billy O'Neal, 25 April 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#3 don77

don77

Forum Regular

• Members
  • 3,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:07 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users