Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba A215-s7472 Xp Drivers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johannly

Johannly

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:47 PM

I have a toshiba satellite a215-s7472 it comes with windows vista , but i cant stand it anymore
vista is driving me crazy , hangs all the time , crashes too often , many problems
i have 2 gigas of ram n a dual core of 2.2 Ghz , n this laptop with vista runs slower
than my old laptop that had 512 of ram n a procesor of 1.5 Ghz running xp

right now im desperate, i wanna get XP but toshiba didnt release drivers for my laptop
to run XP , i need help to find drivers that can make run XP in my laptop

any help would b appreciated

thx in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:55 PM

i can not imagine this machine not being able to run win xp . only issue i found was with memory that can be worked around --- see http://support.toshiba.ca/support/TechSupp.../-TSB001452.htm
most drivers you need will be on the xp install cd.
if you have the vista install dvd just try it. you can always go back to vista
OR create an separate partition for xp install to test it

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

Besides using Device Manager to find the devie's mfg you can download and use SIW. If Toshiba doesn't offer an XP driver for the device, you'll have to go to the mfg's support site and download it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

Moving from Vista to XP on newer computers is a genuine PAIN!!! The drivers are usually out there, but you'll need to search them out individually in order to get them all.

In general you'll have to work from Device Manager to get the Vendor and Device ID's in order to locate the manufacturer and type of device. Then you'll have to search the web for the correct drivers for XP. Most are available at the hardware manufacturer's website. Some won't be available as the hardware manufacturer only releases them to the system builders - so in that case you'll end up at different system manufacturer's websites looking for their XP drivers.

Google will point you at many different driver download sites - but there's no need to pay them for this service. A bit of persistence will let you determine what systems use the XP drivers and then you can download them from the manufacturer's website.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users