Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screeching Noise?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 newchap

newchap

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

My buddy tells me his HP tower was making a screeching noise and froze up.He had to push the power button to restart it.I'll be talking to him later on this.I'm thinking power supply,cpu fan or harddrive.Has anyonr dealt with this before here? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

Check out the fans, it sounds like the bearing has gone bad on one of the fans. If this fan is the one on the CPU heat sink then it could cause an over heating situation which would shut down the computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 newchap

newchap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

Thanks dc3 for your replies.They're always appreciated. :thumbsup:

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

My pleasure newchap, let us know what you find. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users