Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Using Netlimiter?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hcour

hcour

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

I have Netlimiter but the help file is practically non-existent and I know next to nothing about bandwidth so I'm fumbling my way around. What I would like to do is have Firefox and another app "X" both running, w/X getting the max amount of bandwidth possible when FF is idle. Then when I click on a link in FF I would like Netlimiter to give all the bandwidth to FF, temporarily cutting back on X's bandwidth allocation. Then after the page loads in FF, it gives the bandwidth back to X. And so on...

I assume I want to use either Limits or Grants or both? The instructions say one should first set bw speeds in Network Manager in order to use Grants, so I have set my Internet Zone to my max DL and UL speeds (1500kb & 256kb, respectively).

Now I'm not sure what to do next. I know I need to set Limits and/or Grants in the main window, but I'm not sure what to set them at in order to do what I want. I Granted FF the max dl/ul bandwidth, but that hasn't improved the speed w/X running, so I suppose there's something else I need to set somewhere?

Any help much appreciated.

Harold

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users