Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 synchronism

synchronism

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

I'm having trouble with a program.
I posted a topic but it got locked as it was illegal, I didn't know so sorry.

All i want is help getting rid of it or i'll be stuck with it forever unless I completley reformat the hard drive which I do not want to do.

Would I have to do a hijack this log?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

Hi synchronism,

The program that you had downloaded may have come from a malicious site, and infected your computer with malware.

Can you explain to what extent you feel your PC is infected?
Are there pop ups or page redirections?

Please state your OS and current Anti Virus program.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 synchronism

synchronism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

I have only had one Popup, that was right after the installation. It just said something that when other users log on, this popup will show to say you have downloaded unless until you purchase.
I feel that this is a virus as I cannot access the program. It is not in the Add/Remove Program List, not on the Start Menu, In the Program Files via Local Disc. I am postive that it fully installed. I know that in the program description, it said that once in "Stealth" mode, it is completley invisible but I just have no means of uninstalling it.

I use VCOM Fix-It Utilities 7 Professional, Spyware Blaster, SpyBot Search & Destroy and AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5.

I ran a scan on AVG, and at the top of the threat list it says "Not-A-Virus.Monitor.PowerS..." and the risk for it is low. I deleted it straight away.

The OS I am using is Windows XP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users