Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Import Online Email Messages Into Outlook Or Windows Mail?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 I_am_CanadianEh?

I_am_CanadianEh?

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

I currently check my emails online from http://rogers.yahoo.com. This brings up an online email client where I can create folders, save settings etc and store my messages.

Is it possible to import all my folders & messages from online into Outlook or Windows Mail?

I currently use Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2007.

Thanks in advance? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

According to the page below, you can set up an email client for your mail access. Hope this helps.

http://help.yahoo.com/us/rogers/tutorials/cg/cg_access4.html

After you get the client set up, let it download your inbox. THEN create a folder for temporary use, move the inbox contents to the folder.
Next create folders with the same names as your web based mail folders.
Move the messages from one folder to the inbox, open up the email client, download, then move them to the newly created folder. Repeat this process for each folder.
Finally, move the contents of the Temp folder back to the inbox.

If you have any questions about the client you set up, all you have to do is ask, and someone will answer them.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 April 2008 - 11:33 AM.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:11 PM

POP E-mail, which is what you want, is available only to premium accounts, and there are instructions for setting this up in Outlook Express in the Help file under E-mail. If you are not a premium subscriber, Gmail offers POP E-mail, and is free.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

According to the website I linked to from Rogers help, it is possible for the poster to set up an email client for his mail access.
From Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogers_Hi-Speed_Internet

"Rogers Yahoo! Hi-Speed Internet is a broadband internet service provider in Canada, owned by Rogers Communications. Rogers previously operated under the brand name Road Runner in Newfoundland.

In 2004, Rogers partnered with Yahoo! to offer Rogers Yahoo! Hi-Speed Internet to its members. The free service offers unlimited e-mail storage, plus access to Premium Yahoo! Services
"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users