Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Illustrator

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Foogirl

Foogirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:43 AM

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but am having major problems with Illustrator. It keeps coming up with an error - 'an unknown error has occured'. Or Error 108. Some times it has said there's not enough memory but there is cause it's a new computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still not working properly. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rated sXe

Rated sXe

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

Just because you have a new computer doesn't mean you have enough RAM. Which I would find hard to believe...

But because it is a RAM issue double check to make sure you have enough RAM to run Adobe Illustrator and that you have the bare bones system requirements minimum and not optimum operating settings.

If you do meet the minimum, then make sure all applications are shut down and try again.

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:08 PM

Are you sure all your memory is working?

Try and right click on "My computer" and see if it shows as much memory as you bought it with. A RAM stick could be bad...

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users