Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sync your clock without a 3rd party syncronizer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:30 PM

Ever wanted to sync your time. Then you prob went and downloaded a clock sync program. Like precision time which comes with gain. Gain is spyware and gives you tons of pop ups. Well if you didnt know windows Xp and prob the rest of the systems has a built in sync. For xp go to start/run/type regedit. Then click Hkey_Local_Machine/system/control set 001/services/w32time/time providers/ntpclient . In the right pane there should be a icon that says specialpollinterval double click and set a decimal number(unit in seconds) to the frequency of whick you want it to sync your clock. This is cool! How come microsoft doesnt share this with the public in the manual? Hope this helps all!

-Cowsgonemadd3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,636 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:12 PM

What manual? You got a manual? I'm jealous! :thumbsup:

Another good one. Not sure I understand how it works but will have to check it out. Does this procedure immediately reset to the correct time when done or keeps resetting every few days or so?

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:16 PM

Thanks! Its all according to how many secs you set it to sync. Like how many secs are in a day and set it to how many days. Does this help you if you need any more help just ask me?

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2004 - 10:17 PM

O and as far as i know you have to be connected to the internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users