Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minilags In Games

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZephiriS

ZephiriS

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hi,
I'm experiencing certain small lags in Games.
This PC I bought, is brand new, only a few weeks old, got Vista x64 Buisness with SP1, the latest drivers, the latest firmware / bios installed.

So far, this has only happened in Games ( 3D Applications? ) and started to begin just recently. I thought that some windows updates were to blame, because I installed some a few days ago, but I wouldn't know which one.
I could also imagine, that my soundcard, a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi with Youp-Pax drivers, is responsible, as these drivers are 3rd-party and Vista isn't known for its driver compability.

I'm not sure about this, but I think the CPU load has gone 100% the second I experience those lags. If there is a way to determine the application to blame, please post it.

Thanks in advange, Zephy.

EDIT: The Eventmanager says something about "\Device\Scsi\JRAID1 not responding in time". Is that related?
EDIT2: I downloaded AVG Free Edition, because I figured it might be a Malware / Virus caused problem and I found some Virus called: Trojan Horse Backdoor.Generic9.NVU

Edited by ZephiriS, 12 April 2008 - 06:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

Any Virus that is called a Backdoor Trojan, is a bot that has control over your computer.

High risks are typically installed without user interaction through security exploits, and can severely compromise system security. Such risks may open illicit network connections, use polymorphic tactics to self-mutate, disable security software, modify system files, and install additional malware. These risks may also collect and transmit personally identifiable information (PII) without your consent and severely degrade the performance and stability of your computer.

My first advice to you is to get to a 'known' clean computer (not the one you're using now!) and change all your passwords....also, if you've done any online banking or credit card purchases from this machine, you should want to notify your bank.

Next,
Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Right click on it and choose "Run as Administrator". Click 'Do a System Scan and Save logfile'.
The HJT log will open in notepad.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

**** You may want to reformat and reinstall your OS. Because your computer has been compromised, there is no guarantee that this computer will ever be completely clean

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 ZephiriS

ZephiriS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:17 AM

**** You may want to reformat and reinstall your OS. Because your computer has been compromised, there is no guarantee that this computer will ever be completely clean

I did, what you told me to:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141580/maybe-infected/

If possible, I want to avoid reinstalling Vista ...
Would I have to format ALL the drives or just C:?

Edited by ZephiriS, 13 April 2008 - 05:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users