Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSBlaster Windows Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BBraxecu

BBraxecu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum, so I hope someone can help me out or atleast point me in the right direction. My problem occurs when I'm at Windows startup (msblaster, Shutdown popup) and my system slows down almost to the point of freezing. To give you background information on my system, I have Windows XP, SP2, running Mozilla Firefox, Mcafee VirusScan Enterpise, ad-aware, prevxhome, about buster, cwshredder, ccleaner, hijack this, Reg cleaner, Spybot S&D, Avast, and AVG. Everything is peachy on all of my scanners, so I don't know what the problem is. Could someone get a better understanding of my problem if I provided a Hijack this or about buster log file. Thanks in advance

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\ScnCfg32.Exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgwb.dat
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimpl.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Braxton\Desktop\Virus Protection\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX5400] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I2G1.EXE /P19 "EPSON Stylus CX5400" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX5400"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmcService] C:\PROGRA~1\Sygate\SPF\smc.exe -startgui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PrevxHome] C:\Program Files\Prevx Home\SAGUI.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,400 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:36 PM

I am a little confused as to what you mean by msblaster ? I dont see it in the log so not sure what you are referring to.

#3 BBraxecu

BBraxecu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:51 AM

Yes, you're right, my HJT log looks fairly clean, yet I am still getting this annoying 60 second countdown upon Windows startup. I have tried the msblaster tools on NAV website, and also the majority of freeware virus scanners, but unfortunately, no viruses were found. I have tried almost everything I know how to get rid of this nasty problem, except for my last resort, taking it to a local computer service shop. If you have any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,400 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:54 PM

Turn on the XP firewall and download and install all the windows critical updates. Reboot and then check for new updates.

You can get the udpates at www.windowsupdate.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users