Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Permanent Disappearences Of Taskbar Arrow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

I have had to restore the PC (XP Pro) in order to get back the famous taskbar arrow. But soon it started to disapear again with no possibilities to restore it through the "properties". It was possible just once after restoring has been performed. New dissapparence is not manageable. I have not downloaded anything, not run any cleaner, nothing. I realize that this is a detail, but PC users are a little obsessive and do not like these details. Is there anyone capable to offer a more stable solution for this? Regards and thanks for sharing this bothering and understand.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 McStick

McStick

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

Hi,
I've had exactly the same problem but through a bit of trial and error i've found that it only occurs when I log in almost instantly after the log in screen shows. If I wait until the computer has finished loading, then the arrow appears as normal. Also if I don't wait, some start-up programs don't load so I have less icons showing in the taskbar. If you try this and report back please to see if this is your problem. I've no idea why it happens, but it is a fairly recent occurance for me as well.

So in summary,
Wait until the computer has finished loading at the startup screen, then sign in! Let me know how you get on. :thumbsup:

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

Many thanks. In the meanwhile the famous arrow appeared spontaneously. What do you mean with "log in"? Moving the mouse, etc.? Many thanks and kind regards.

#4 McStick

McStick

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

When I say log in, I take it you have to enter a password to use your computer and to get past the welcome screen? If you wait at that screen where you enter the password until the loading light stops flashing, then enter the password, I find that the arrow shows up every time.

#5 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

Many thanks. I use a personal PC that nobody eles use it. Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users