Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

One Detail At Linking With Mozilla

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 merellogalasso

merellogalasso

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:55 AM

When I receive a message that has a link to get opened by the browser at clicking over it, that in my case is Mozilla, a typicical Windows Explorer's window opens during the procedure, that's called "looking for explorer links" where appear several folders that do not seem to have anything to do with what's going on. It doesn't really bothers too much, but it makes the procedure a little slow and is a curiosity that deserves to get clarified. I any case it didn't happened when I used IE. Many thanks and regards.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

You don't say which email client you use, but if it's Outlook/Outlook Express (XP) or Windows Mail (Vista) they all are 'hard coded' to open web-links in Internet Explorer even if it isn't the default. Consequently, if your default web browser is set to anything other than IE you will get this problem occurring on some systems. Only fix I know of is to make IE the default.

Edited by pip22, 12 April 2008 - 03:01 PM.

#3 merellogalasso

merellogalasso
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

Thanks a lot. I use oulook 2003 because of its facilities for filtering, writing specific "rejected" messages, etc. I got a very big trouble to move the default browser from IE to Mozilla. Many, many thanks.
"There are atoms and vacuum; the rest is opinion"
(Democritus, several centuries before Hume and Kant)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users