Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Ati Gfx Card Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

1337 Malware Destroyer

• Members
  • 611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:50 AM

Well for some reason my PC in general has been acting slow and lagging alot. So I did the normal, defragged, cleared old system restore points, ran ATF Cleaner, checked for viruses/malware, and ran some online tests. That helped for a bit, but then I specifically began to lag when I would play Call of Duty4. So I went to upgrade my GFX Card drivers thinking that that was the problem. I downloaded the full Catalyst Software Suite directly from the ATI site, and began to install it. I then get a Severe warning that says the following:
Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit.
I tried downloading just the Display Driver and I get the same error. Then I looked in my Add/Remove programs and there is nothing there at all for ATI. It now appears that whatever was ATI was completly uninstalled. Now I have no idea what to do, any help is highly appreciated. My specs are below as well. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks again,
MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Here are my Specs:
Manufacturer: Custom
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 250 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1950 Pro
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 731BF
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
Operating System: Windows XP Media Center Editon SP2

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:24 AM

does device manager show your card?

#3 MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

1337 Malware Destroyer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 611 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

I see it under Display adapters.

Posted Image

#4 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

I'd try uninstalling it on device manager, letting your computer detect it again and directing it to the new drivers

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,390 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

I would uninstall the card...using Device Manager...reboot and see what happens. Is the ATI Uninstall utility present in Add/Remove Programs?

http://www.playtool.com/pages/uninstallgra.../uninstall.html

If XP doesn't reinstall the drivers automatically, I would use the CD accompanying the card to install all anew.

Louis

#6 MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

1337 Malware Destroyer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 611 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

Hi all and thanks for the replys.

One question though, does Windows have a built in Driver Cleaner like in the SS at that link provided? If it does, I dont know how to access it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users