Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mozilla And Ie Problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kamakazie

Kamakazie

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

I have this program that is called limewire. While doing a virus search one day, I find 10 trojan horses on my computer from limewire. I get rid of them and leave for a week. When I come back, I access Mozilla Firefox and all that appears is a white screen. No page is loading and everything is at a stand still. I try to access Ie and it is successful. But i can't watch videos from youtube, stupid video or any other online video site, nor can I play any online flash games. If any one knows what the problem is please help me.

Edited by Kamakazie, 11 April 2008 - 11:08 PM.

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees
To knock a thing down, especially if it is at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back
Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul
If you ever fall, get back up. If you fall again, take the person who pushed you down with you when you go
Being wise is knowing how not to make mistakes, becoming wise is by making mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ///

///

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

Did you have macromedia flash (now adobe) installed? That's the program for flash. Did you get trojans from limewire or from downloading something :thumbsup: .

#3 Kamakazie

Kamakazie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

I do believe I Have adobe installed on my Computer. And I did get the trojans from limewire.
To knock a thing down, especially if it is at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the
If you ever fall, get back up. If you fall again, take the person who pushed you down with you when you go
Being wise is knowing how not to make mistakes, becoming wise is by making mistakes

#4 Kamakazie

Kamakazie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Please help me fix my computer. If you have any reasonable suggestions, I will try them. I will not be able to reply to anything untill next friday.

#5 Kamakazie

Kamakazie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:44 AM

New info, I forgot to mention that I cant access any administrative tools and that the problems are for all the accounts on my PC.

#6 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:17 AM

Hi Kamakazie,

Before trying anything there is a utility called Dial-a-Fix. Download it from here: http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix.
Put a chekmark in at 5 sections and press GO.

Good luck!

#7 Kamakazie

Kamakazie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:36 PM

I have downloaded the program you told me too. I am now able to access stuff that I previously couldn't access because of my problem. But mozilla still wont boot and Ie still has the same problems. Thanks for helping me but what else should i do.

Edited by Kamakazie, 27 April 2008 - 03:35 AM.

#8 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:49 AM

:flowers: Because you may be still infected I recommend you to open a topic in this forum: Am I infected? What do do?

Explain your problem clearly and there are people who help you.

:thumbsup: After cleaning the infection or ruling it out apply the tool again. The tool has also a utility to remove policies. When you run press policies... check al the entries it finds and press Go. Before doing that make a backup of your registry. To do that:

Go to Start Run type: regedit OK.
  • On the leftside, click to highlight My Computer at the top.
  • Go up to File Export
    • Make sure in that window there is a tick next to "All" under Export Branch.
      Leave the "Save As Type" as "Registration Files".
      Under "Filename" put RegBackup.
  • Choose to save it to C:\
  • Click save and then go to File Exit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users