Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A Free Program That Can Take Clips...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 solaris32

solaris32

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

For example, say I have a 30 second clip, but I'm only interested in saving the part between 6 and 11 seconds. The rest is junk. Is there a free program that can split these video files for me? I would prefer it to be a full program, and not one that leaves some watermark to encourage you to buy the full program. Thank you.
When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 webrat

webrat

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:22 AM

Why not just use Microsoft Movie Maker 2.1. It does exactly what it says on the tin if all you want is a basic edit and the compression is handled reasonably well so storage of files is not a huge issue.

If you are on Mac I'm pretty sure you can still get iMovie as a free download if you look around.

#3 solaris32

solaris32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

I had no idea it could do that. Thank you very much :thumbsup:.
When I'm asking for help, please explain, in detail, every step. Thank you :).
I have nightmares about computer glitches and bugs.

#4 webrat

webrat

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

No problem, just be aware that it IS basic. For example, if you've got a decent camcorder that uses Dolby 2.1 or even surround it may give you some problems, including no sound, dodgy sound or even image problems for some reason - including playing them upside down. If it turns into a 'mare and you want a low-cost solution go for a Dazzle converter, the primary reason being you get some fairly good edit software and you can capture the vid at various speeds including slow playback by simply pausing the capture and starting it at the lower speed. Overall this avoids having to buy upgrade plug-ins and so on to do pretty much the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users