Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Real Time Spy Program

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 krm41

krm41

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:02 AM

I believe my boyfriend put this on my computer while he is overseas. Does anyone know the name of the files that I can look up on my hard drive? I have already found another spy program and deleted that one. This one showed up as well.

Thank you!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

Ok first thing to do is to download, install, update and run a full system scan of spybot search and destroy, Webroot SpySweeper and adaware 1.05se. All of these can be found in my signaute.

Also if you don't have one already you may want to dl and install, update and run a full sys scan of Grisoft's AVG 7 Free, its also in my signature.

You may also want to dl and run a program called "hijackthis." After you dl it, copy the .exe file to a folder on your hard drive, not your desktop or my docs. Then run a scan, and save the list of problems. Copy and paste the text file of results to the HiJackThis forum.

I'm no expert but I'm going to leave the extensive help of "HiJackThis" to someone else.

Edited by yanowhiz, 23 March 2005 - 03:12 PM.

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hi krm41,

If this program is what you are talking about, then you have surveillence software installed which includes a keylogger:
http://www.tomdownload.com/utilities/optim...ealtime_spy.htm

It's good to run the antispyware programs mentioned but they don't have much luck with keyloggers. I looked in Spybot's database and don't see this one mentioned, although I could have overlooked it.

So my advice would be to get a HijackThis log posted right away in order to see what files and reg entries you may need to get rid of. You've gone thru that process before, but HijackThis has been updated since you had Daisuke clean up your sister's PC, so I'm going to post my standard speech:

We need to see a HijackThis log in order to help you get that junk off your system and whatever else that doesn't need to be there.  Please do this:

Click on the link below and follow the steps in that tutorial so you can get a log posted:
How to post a HijackThis Log

You can of course skip step 1.  But be sure to follow all the other steps and use the links in the tutorial to:

1.  Download the self-extracting HijackThis.
2.  Open the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum to start a new Topic in that forum.  It is important that you post your log into a new topic in that forum.  If you have any problems here is a link again:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...?act=SF&s=&f=22

It may be a day or two before you get an answer.  But it is also important that you not post again to the topic you started asking for help or wondering if you will get help or otherwise "bumping" your thread/topic.  In order to work on a first come-first served basis, helpers look for the oldest topics with zero replies.

BUT, once you receive a reply, stay in the topic that you have started.  Do not start another thread.

Thanks and see you in the forum. :thumbsup:

You also might want to consider another program that specializes in removing surveillence software and keyloggers. X-Cleaner from XBlock offers a freeware version that can be found here:
http://www.xblock.com/download-freeware.shtml

The full-featured version will cost you $40 USD.

I should also mention that Spysweeper is a great program, but it is only free for 30 days. I also wouldn't recommend installing AVG if you already have another anitvirus installed.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :flowers:

We always did feel the same

We just started from a different point of view

Tangled up in blue--Bob Dylan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users