Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovery Or New Installation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baljeet

baljeet

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

my laptop hs damaged cd player, so i was using external one, but suddenly my system got crashed, n, i m not able to recover due to no cd player, can u help me how to start my system or recovery ? thnx in advnace.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 trashcan7

trashcan7

• Members
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

While starting up, hold ctrl and tap F11, to reinstall.

#3 baljeet

baljeet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

While starting up, hold ctrl and tap F11, to reinstall.

thnx for reply, i dont hv now cd player where i can put my recovery disc even, the window was working well, even i hv connected external dvd/cd player, but after crash of window, my laptop even dont recognise the external dvd/cd drive. May i ask if i can re-install with flopy etc or is there any other way to run the existing window? thnx in advance.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

Are you able to get into safemode?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 baljeet

baljeet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

Are you able to get into safemode?

No Sir, i hv tried everything, there is nothing comes, only black screen saying put ur recovery disk, but i cant coz, i cant play the cd as cd drive is damaged n new one i m not gettting, yes i hv floppy drive working, thnx for ur reply plz.

Edited by baljeet, 12 April 2008 - 01:50 AM.

#6 baljeet

baljeet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

realy there is no any solution?????????///

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users