Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shoe

shoe

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:28 AM

I am preparing to install Office 2003.
1. I have Office 2000 installed and running a stand alone version of Outlook 2003. I would assume that I uninstall Outlook 2003 first. Next I would uninstall Office 2000 disk 1. Followed by Office 2000 disk 2. So far so good?

2. The temporary installation files for Outlook 2003 will still be on the hard drive. Should I delete these files prior to installing the new Office 2003? Will it be safe to delete those when I run disk cleanup?

3. When I install Office 2003 which installation process do I use to make sure that Office Assistants are installed also?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:58 AM

1. Yes just uninstall the two apps...doesnt matter in what order. Just make sure you remember where your mailbox file is located.

2. You can clean those up after you install it.

3. Use custom so you specificy the office assistants you want to install.

#3 shoe

shoe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:10 AM

Thank You

Edited by shoe, 25 March 2005 - 09:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users