Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Creating A Chart In Excel

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hal06

Hal06

• Members
  • 924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hello. I need to create a chart. This will not be a graph or pie chart, but a chart of information with options along the top and side and a description in words at the intersection of each option. What is the easiest way to do this? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

I am not sure what you want to do from your description. If this chart is strictly verbal, you can simply expand the cells as needed and type in the top and side options, then outline the boxes, and type in the intersecting cells whatever descriptions you want. Or if more practical, use a Table.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Hal06

Hal06
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thanks. I guess the real question is: since there is text to be entered that won't fit in the cell, to ensure formatting, can I use some sort of word wrap?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:32 PM

You can enlarge the cells (actually rows and columns). Then follow this path: Format/Cells/Alignment. You can experiment with either horizontal alignment or wrap text under Text Control (I am using Office97, but later versions should be similar).
Hope this helps.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 comptsa

comptsa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:15 PM

If I might suggest, not knowing the circumstances, if you are wanting to display items within a table but still have a graphical representation along with desktop publishing aspects, may I suggest trying to use a simple word document and adding a table with formating similar to what you are searching for. This could also allow you to get creative with your designs. Don't forget you can also export an excel application into a word document if all you are looking for is graphical representation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users