Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

When Click On The Cmd.exe Icon Laptop Shutdown In 2 Second

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaejames

jaejames

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

I am using Windows Vista Basic and whether i try to run the cmd.exe my computer sudden shutdown. the reason that i run cmd is because i wanna find the physical address of my computer to connect with my college wireless.
I have Readed many topic about this and is it because my laptop is infected with Virus?
Currently i am using NOd antivirus system and i try to scan with it and didnt find any virus or malware.can anyone help me on this?
Is Nod antivirus better than other type of antivirus such as Norton and AVg? or should i change my Antivirus XD.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

NOD32 is an excellent antivirus program :huh: Don't change it!

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

Please look in your Event Viewer to see if there are any errors around the time that you try to launch cmd.exe. To do this, go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Expand the category named Windows Logs and check both the Application and System log files for errors around the time that the crash occurred. You can double click on the error to get more information about it.

This could be a virus that's escaped the NOD32 but we'll have to see what the computer has to say first.

You may also want to run the Performance Report tool to see if there's any errors there. Go to Start and type in "perfmon /report" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Let the report create itself, then check for any red x's. Let us know what you find.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 jaejames

jaejames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:55 AM

NOD32 is an excellent antivirus program :huh: Don't change it!

Oh Ok. XD :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users