Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recording Radio

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nita

Nita

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

I have a dell pc dimensionC521 . Windows XP home edition SP2. Sound device Sigma telaudio
I've been trying to record some radio programmes so that I can save them for a while on the pc.I have tried audacity and freecorder but but have not been successful;have come to the conclusion that it must be a hardware problem as the only possibilities I have for recording are line in, microphone and rear microphone. I have discovered that many of my friends are able to record what they hear thro' the speakers. My question is "Is it a hardware problem" and if so is there a feasible solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:06 AM

are you mic'ing the stereo speakers? or is there an audio input on your soundcard? Know what i'd try if you can't get your speaker mic'd to record that way is taking a speaker wire and hooking it up to a headphone plug and stick that sucker into one of the mic slots, never tried it. but it should work i would think.

#3 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

Hi Nita
There's a chance it's just your audio configuration.
Your system utilizes 7.1 channel audio and alot of those free audio recorders that record directly from the sound hardware won't record with that setting.
Configure it for two channel audio and standard desktop speakers and try again.
I use to use this little freebie but it won't record 5.1 channel audio. If I switch to 2 channel mode, it works fine. Example Below:

Posted Image

Edited by HitSquad, 11 April 2008 - 07:59 AM.

#4 Nita

Nita
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

Sorry to be dim but how do I get to this audio configuration Box?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users