Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kubuntu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zedsed420

zedsed420

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 03:12 AM

I just completed installing kubuntu so i thought I'd try out the internet through the browser it came with. However, I cant seem to get it to work. The browser opens up but when I try to go somewhere it gives me an error message. how should I go about fixing this?
I have an AM2 socket MOBO with an athlon 64 x2 cpu @ 2.1 ghz, 2 gigs ddr 800, and a tp-link wireless adapter card.

Asus Crosshair III  Motherboard, AMD PhenomII x4 965 custom watercooled XSPC Raystorm copper block,  8g Mushkin Blackline
2 XFX Radeon 4890's in Crossfire mode custom watercooled full copper EK blocks,  XSPC rs360 triple 120 radiator 
850w Antec full modular 80plus certified,  NZXT Switch Black case  Custom Watercooled Laing DDC w/ XSPC pumptop res

Tygon black tubing,  all Bitspower fittings and clamps, 2 Samsung 1T spinpoint F1's 

Windows 7 Professional x64 dual boot Ubuntu 12.10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:53 AM

Wireless cards can be tricky. What's the model number of the card?

#3 zedsed420

zedsed420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:13 AM

TP-Link TL-WN651G Wireless G Network Adapter - 108Mbps, 802.11g, PCI

Asus Crosshair III  Motherboard, AMD PhenomII x4 965 custom watercooled XSPC Raystorm copper block,  8g Mushkin Blackline
2 XFX Radeon 4890's in Crossfire mode custom watercooled full copper EK blocks,  XSPC rs360 triple 120 radiator 
850w Antec full modular 80plus certified,  NZXT Switch Black case  Custom Watercooled Laing DDC w/ XSPC pumptop res

Tygon black tubing,  all Bitspower fittings and clamps, 2 Samsung 1T spinpoint F1's 

Windows 7 Professional x64 dual boot Ubuntu 12.10

#4 jacobroufa

jacobroufa

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

according to the people in the ubuntu forums it should work out of the box. my laptop has a card with an atheros chipset and it works fine for me. what error are you getting? there should be an icon that looks similar to a wireless tower or signal grouping in what you formerly knew as your taskbar that you can right click and get a load of information from. check that out. also ubuntuforums.org freakin rocks for any specific question such as this - i.e. how do i get this (specific) part working in ubuntu? - so you might want to try searching or posting there as well.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=664869

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users