Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Has Encountered A Problem

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 bbulbb

bbulbb

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

Each time I attempt to play a video link on yahoo or msn the add preceding the selection plays then the box : internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close blah blah blah (every time). How do I correct this situation ?? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:28 AM

Better description, please? Please say exactly what you're trying to do and where you're trying to it or post a link.

#3 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

Yahoo news, click video link, player opens, add plays, then encountered problem box appears, then explorer closes . :thumbsup:

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

See if the links offered here are relevant, and which can help: http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/5.html

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

The first thing I would try is to download the latest version of Flash. I'm in Canada so I can't check the US version of Yahoo but the clips on the Canadian site work fine for me. They're mostly the same clips. Maybe someone can check the US site to see if there's a unique issue there.

#6 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

www.yahoo.com works okay for me. I have checked the video section and everything looks fine...

Frankp316, I am in the UK and I can go to uk.yahoo.com as well as the US site. Shouldn't you also be able to by typing www.yahoo.com in the browser address or do you get redirected to the Canadian site?

Edited by Juha, 11 April 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#7 Bartster

Bartster

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

I had problem with weather.com that sounds similar to the OP's. Got a message saying it was caused by Flash player. So I downloaded latest version as frankp316
suggested. Seems fine now.

Checked Yahoo. Working fine for me.

Edited by Bartster, 11 April 2008 - 01:22 PM.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

www.yahoo.com works okay for me. I have checked the video section and everything looks fine...

Frankp316, I am in the UK and I can go to uk.yahoo.com as well as the US site. Shouldn't you also be able to by typing www.yahoo.com in the browser address or do you get redirected to the Canadian site?

Yeah I forgot about that. My ISP has a relationship with Yahoo so that's what I'm used to. It's the same news anyway.

#9 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

Thanks , I will investigate reinstalling current flash player and look over Juha's link :thumbsup:

#10 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

:thumbsup: Installing Adobe Flash player 9 is a complete non-possibly. I am using Onecare as my only security ! What must I turn on or off to install Flash player ?? (all programs >adobe > empty) :flowers: Seems hopeless any pointers to suceed in this task ? No Flash Player at all !!

#11 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

Juha , I am using IE7 not 6 link is not current .

#12 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:29 AM

I'm not sure what you're asking but you need to install the Flash player that has the Active X control. That's what you need to play online video. You should be able to find it at http://www.adobe.com/ There's two things. You need to uninstall previous versions of Flash if you have any and when IE asks you about Active X on the yellow bar, you just allow it. It should install at that point.

#13 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:19 PM

Flash Player 9 Active X is installed and visible in add remove programs in contol panel :thumbsup: problem not solved :flowers:

#14 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:39 AM

Then post a link of what you're trying to watch.

#15 bbulbb

bbulbb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:17 PM

:thumbsup: I managed to correct this situation by removing google desktop from control panel add remove programs !!!Problem solved !! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users