Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Evil Screen Recorder Lags Computer+hard To Correct Aftereffects

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 skyfuser

skyfuser

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

Not sure if it's the right section but ok...
I was watching a part of a movie with CCCP and needed to record it. SnagIt, Camstudio, and the other freeware did nothing, and then I found something called LiteCam. It did its job perfectly except just before it went into video mode it semi-restarted explorer.exe, causing the taskbar to reload. Then I realized I suddenly don't like it, and went on to uninstall. The problem is now the whole computer has a laggy interface: if I open anything that has a window in the taskbar, the animation is somewhat delayed and jerky. Scrollboxes also have problems opening. This is definitely the work of the evil LiteCam :thumbsup:
Not only that, now if I play any .mkv file with CCCP, no video comes on and there's only audio. The CCCP staff said something about LiteCam doing something evil with my video drivers and video overlay and suggested I reinstall them.
My question is if there's any way to change the whole jerky animation problem and get rid of the problems LiteCam did? If not... how do I find information on my video drivers and reinstall them? Is the reinstallation even free?
Thank you :flowers:
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:13 AM

Have you tried doing a System Restore?

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore. Choose one of the highlighted dates previous to the download and go from there.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:17 AM

Yep I tried at least 4 >_<. They all ended up as something like "Sorry, could not restore to an earlier date."
"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

What make and model computer are we talking about here?

Is you video onboard or PCI/PCI-E?

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there is a problem with the video drivers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

Sorry, but what is the make and model? >_<
Also, I went and asked for help on the support forum, they said that the program possibly corrupted by video drivers. I went to the device manager (I use a ATI Radeon 64 Mobile) and scanned for changes, but there was nothing yellow or red on the manager.

#6 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

If your firewall and antivirus programs have a self-protect option, you might have to uncheck those options before your system restore will work. This is definitely true for Norton products, it may well be for others too. Dont forget to re-enable self-protect after you're done.

#7 skyfuser

skyfuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

Nope... I uninstalled Avast and disabled Comodo. Still doesn't work >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users