Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Assistance With Memory Setting In Bios

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rock chalk jayhawk

rock chalk jayhawk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

Hi everybody-

I need help setting with my ddr2 memory setting in my bios. Here is part of my computer setup:

AMD Athlon X2 5400+ AM2 CPU
ECS A780GM-A motherboard
Geil Evo One 2 GB DDR2 800 4-4-4-12 1.9V-2.0V

The problem I have is there are so many options for the memory in the bios I don't know what to set on auto and what to change manually. Here are the options I have for the memory in the bios:

DRAM Frequency: Auto
Memclock Value: 200 MHz
DRAM Timing Mode: Auto
CAS Latency (CL): Auto
TRCD: Auto
TRP: Auto
tRTP: Auto
TRAS: Auto
TRC: Auto
Share Memory Auto Detection: Enabled
Surround View: Disabled
HDMI Audio: Enabled

I guess my question is where do I put in the 4-4-4-12, is the Memclock Value correct, should I leave everything else on Auto, and does the voltage need to be bumped up to 1.9V or 2.0V. Right now the voltage is 1.8.... something volts.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:58 PM

The 4-4-4-12 numbers are the SPD settings. When the computer is set to auto it should choose these settings. Is the computer working properly? You can change the settings from auto and try to overclock your memory but with an ECS board I would leave the settings to auto and pray the board last longer than a month.

Edit: That memory is designed to operate at 1.9-2.0 volts it may or may not work properly. I am not sure if you can change the voltage settings on the ECS board. Right now I am having trouble getting the manual.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 12 April 2008 - 02:00 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users