Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Sp1 Install Will Fail On Multi-boot Systems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:39 PM

I just read an article that says that computers using a multi-boot setup (that is, having more than one operating system installed) wherein the Windows bootloader is replaced by a third-party loader (such as LILO or GRUB) and where Vista is either the Ultimate or Enterprise editions, will fail to install Vista's Service pack 1.

From the article:

If you’re dualbooting Windows Vista Enterprise or Ultimate alongside a Linux distro, and have installed the Linux bootloader into the MBR, then you’re guaranteed to run into problems when installing Vista Service Pack 1, Microsoft has admitted.

Read More: http://apcmag.com/vista_sp1_wont_install_o...s_microsoft.htm

Ugh... Pain. In. The....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

Vista has so many problems and has had such low sales that M$ is discontinuing selling XP in order to force people to spend their money on the junk OS.

Wish something would come along that would blow M$ out of the water. :huh:

Edited by MattV, 10 April 2008 - 10:44 PM.

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

Vista has so many problems and has had such low sales that M$ is discontinuing selling XP in order to force people to spend their money on the junk OS.

Wish something would come along that would blow M$ out of the water. :huh:

They done it before. Same with 2000 and XP. I never liked Xp at first becuase it was just like Vista is now. Give Vista some time. I don't think Microsoft is gunna crap out yet.
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users