Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scheduleing Question?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Hello all,

I want to schedule a virus scan and spyware scans. Now could I schedule the computer to start-up and then run the scans and if so how do I schedule a start-up scan. Or could I schedule a shut-down, like go to bed then it runs scans and then shuts-down. If you can do this, will the anti-virus and anti-spyware save the results and then ask me what to do with them when I start it back up in the morning. Or is it possible to schedule a sleep-mode, like run scans then sleep and will the anti-virus and anti-spyware wait to do something with the results. Also is it good to keep the computer on all the time as long as it goes into sleep-mode. Please give some of you all's thoughts.

Thank you,

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

Depending on the anti virus you should be able to choose the time that it runs the scan.

Keeping the computer on all the time can be ok. The only times that you need for it to be off is if you have updates that required restarting your computer for them to take effect. A power outage could be a problem if it's running a scan at that time.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hi :thumbsup:

What security programs are you running?

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

#4 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:38 AM

Thank you for the info about leaving the computer on. I am running:
Avast Free
SuperAnti-spyware
spyware-TERMINATOR
AVG anti-rootkit
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

#5 Teenage.Zombiee

Teenage.Zombiee

• Members
  • 831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:01 AM

How To Install, Configure and Use Avast Anti Virus! this is an article from BC that has instructions on how to scedule a scan with Avast AV.

I will look into the others for you :thumbsup:

Teenage.Zombiee is back ! :halloween:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users