Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings from Seattle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chinooktoe

chinooktoe

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 22 March 2005 - 11:43 PM

Wow! A site where I might be able to get allies to defeat the spyware that has taken over my computer! The internet has become almost useless to me in the last two months because of these bugs. Maybe I am one of the few who is affected severely, but to me it looks like the internet is slowly being destroyed. What was once a great way to get information has turned into nothing but a great way to get pissed off. Have we reached a brick wall in I.T.? Is it going to be a perpetual cat and mouse game? I am about ready to go back to snail mail and paper for everything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:24 AM

:thumbsup: to BC chinooktoe,

Hopefully the members at BC will be able to help you with your spyware problems and any other computer questions?

Enjoy your time at BC.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:14 AM

As a source of information and as a social phenomena, the WWW is here to stay. Like many things in the everyday world, though, as it becomes important, there are those who would use it for selfish ends, whether scamming for money or for propaganda and mis-information.
It need not be so, if everyone becomes knowledgeable about viruses, adware, spywareware, and phishing schemes, as well as taking the time to install, update, and run a few key security applications.
This site is both a place to glean information, and to get help, not just with security problems, but also with most computer problems.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users