Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invisionfree Board On Google?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 n0data

n0data

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:15 PM

I just started my own invisionfree board and am trying to get it on google. I go to the site add, enter it, and it IS verified, but when I google it nothing comes up. How do i get my invision site on google?

Thanks,
n0data

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

Primarily, patience. When you submit your site to Google, all that does is put it on a list of sites to be visited. The Googlebot will eventually get to you, but it can take time. One way to increase the speed, and eventual ranking of your site, by the Googlebot is to have links coming in from quality websites. Don't link spam every website you come across, but you can do things like putting a link into your signature (being sure to abide by all the relevant rules, of course).

The key to long-term Googlebot love, however, is having lots of quality pages. If you offer something that people want then people will come, and bring Googlebot along with them.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

you obviously cannot put the board title on forum ( as this would be considered to be 'spamming ' ) but, how far down google did you look for your site, how many pages did you rummage through to see if it IS somewhere there?

#4 n0data

n0data
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:31 AM

i searched the exact site and it told me nothing was found, but this was yesterday, I have to check again. And I just read that i WILL need to be patient.

Thanks,
n0data

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users