Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Dll Missing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ivana7c

ivana7c

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

Hi,
when i try to start my windows xp professional sp2, i get some message that some dll file is missing in system32. I guess that I have made some mistake while I was using some programs like S&D or so, but how can I fix it now?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Samsbc12

Samsbc12

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

Hi,
when i try to start my windows xp professional sp2, i get some message that some dll file is missing in system32. I guess that I have made some mistake while I was using some programs like S&D or so, but how can I fix it now?
Thanks

What .dll is missing, you might be able to download it again, but if you tell me the exact error I can instruct you better. Sometimes you will see those if spyware was using a .dll that spybot deleted in which case we would not want to put it back, but finish removing the spyware.

#3 ivana7c

ivana7c
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

The missing dll file is iqvbojqc.dll
What should I do?

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

Hi, ivana7c and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.
If you think that you made some mistake when using Spybot S&D you can always recover the files that you deleted, by going to recover. Also are you sure that iqvbojqc.dll is spelled correctly? On this site it tells you how to recover the DLL files on your computer. I'm not sure what you want to do with the missing DLL file, do you want to recover it or fix the promblem? Recover DLL files

Hope that helps :thumbsup:
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Please double-check the EXACT spelling of "iqvbojqc.dll " before trying to download anything. There is a very good possibility you're infected and other actions will have to be taken
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

Typically when you get a virus it makes an entry in your registry instructing your computer to run the virus every time you start. Your antivirus probably found the virus and deleted it, but this entry is still in your registry, which is why you are getting the error message. Using the AutoRuns utility you should be able to locate this entry and delete it.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,696 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

As Budapest rightly noted the malware dll is removed but the startup entry pointing to the dll is not removed:
  • Update Spybot S&D and run it again, it may remove the startup entry.
  • If the error showed up again download Autoruns from the given link. Run Autoruns.exe. Click Everything tab. Find the entry pointing to iqvbojqc.dll and remove the check mark from the box before it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users