Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Check Combofix Log File

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ivana7c

ivana7c

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

Hello,
recently I have had a few problems with malware. Now I am experianceing this: whenever I start Mozilla, only after a few minutes of surfing it blocks and must be turned off. Something similar happens to my Yahoo messenger. When I try to start it i get a message that it has bug in the program and can't be run. I am using Windows xp profesional, sp2. Thanks.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 22 April 2008 - 08:09 PM

Hello ivana7c

Welcome to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum, sorry about the delay, but the amount of people posting with infected computers is through the roof and sometimes we can't get to logs as fast as we would like to.

Right above where you posted it says not to run Combofix unless asked, if you run programs on your own you take the chance of borking your system. The error your getting for the missing dll file is related to the Vundo Trojan but its still has a run entry .

If you have not resolved your issue and still need assistance I need you to post a Hijackthis log. Do it exactly this way.

Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
Double click it to install
Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe
  • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
  • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
  • Go to Edit> Select All.....Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Post Reply and not start a New Thread.
DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ken

mvp_host.pngConsumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

donate.gif Please consider a donation to help me keep up my fight against malware.

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no response in 3 days

#3 ken545

ken545

Malware Response Team

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

Topic being closed due to lack of response

mvp_host.pngConsumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

donate.gif Please consider a donation to help me keep up my fight against malware.

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no response in 3 days

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users