Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 atloss

atloss

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:49 AM

I have just learned that my computer is infected with a Trojan Horse called downloader Obfuskater and Adloader.FN!!My anti-virus and anti spyware programs do not seem to remove it. I use AVG 7.5 and AdAware as well as microsofts malicious software removal tool.My question is are these related to the virus seen in XP Cleaner ( or XPAnti virus ) programs and is the procedure to get rid of them the same one as for XP Cleaner on your web site?? I do believe I have been duped into buying XP Antivirus because of these Trojan's!! Thanks

atloss :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111715/how-to-remove-xpantivirus-removal-instructions/

I do believe I have been duped into buying XP Antivirus because of these Trojan's!! Thanks

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

Hello atloss,

I see you now have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.

You shouldn't try to make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.
At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please Do Not continue to post questions about malware while you have an active log.

This topic will now be closed.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users